Customer Care / Marketing Assistant
Duration: 2022-04-25 - 2023-09-16
Job position: Customer Service / Marketing Assistant
11340 120 Street NW Edmonton
Customer Service / Inbound Sales
Job Summary: Position includes front-desk, inquiry follow-up, and assistance with project management, and bookstore operations. This can also be a 16-38hr commitment.
As the front-desk person:
- Greets clients and answers the phone in a polite and pleasant manner
- Answers queries or directs them to the appropriate staff member
- Ensures that the reception area and meeting room are kept clean and orderly
- Provides general office assistance including phone, mail, ticket and email support
- Assists clients with book sales and other small orders
- Provides excellent customer service and support
- Calls clients on job completion to coordinate delivery.
- Ensures invoices are ready before client arrives to pickup up job or job is shipped.
- Does follow-up calls to clients to ensure quality and customer service goals are met and exceeded.
- Assists with Interact/Visa/Mastercard transactions
- Other duties as required to keep a neat and active first entry experience for our clients and support for the rest of the team.
As a sales assistant,
- Assists with arranging and confirming appointments.
- Provides simple estimates
- Communicates complex estimates
- Assists with correspondence and followup communication.
- Monitors orders and information requests and communicates with clients or staff as required. (Is that estimate out yet).
- Assists with book marketing
- Maintains client and prospect lists
- Assists with planning and implementation of marketing and sales plans
As the support person
- Keeps track of book inventory
- Does corrections in Word and Publisher and is the main person on MicroSoft programs.
- Compiles any needed reports
- Assists with incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Maintains an organized filing system
- Attends and records minutes for staff meetings
- Distributes minutes of staff meetings
- Assists in research
- Assists with calendar and appointments
- Orders office supplies
Conducts herself/himself in a professional manner at all times.
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Administration skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Clear telephone and personal manner
- Positive attitude
- Proofreading and English skills
- Interest in publishing books and art
- Assertive, yet not abrasive. Engendering confidence.
- Proserve or other sales or customer service training preferred
- Post secondary training in marketing, general office procedures and/or previous office experience preferred.
- Self starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral English skills